Dec 5, 2010

Joining the Pumpkin Oatmeal Craze

I'm so far behind on this whole oatmeal craze, especially the pumpkin oatmeal craze.  But...I've finally joined the cool kids and made my own.  And now I wonder what I was waiting for!  This is a delicious, filling and nutritious way to start the day and I'm sure I'll be converting to oatmeal for breakfast for the entire winter.


Quick and Easy Pumpkin Oatmeal

1 cup milk
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup canned pumpkin

Bring milk, water and pinch of salt to a boil over high heat.  Once boiling, add the oatmeal and sugar and bring to another boil.

Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 2-3 minutes.  Add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for another 5-6 minutes.

Let stand for a few minutes to thicken.  Garnish with pecans and serve.
Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each).



2 comments:

  1. Came by from Jules blog when I saw I was the third Karen in a row to leave her a comment:) This looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna be in the Craze! I'm definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete