Mar 12, 2008

A week already?

How did a week go by without a single blog entry from me? Seems pretty indicative of how my life has been lately!
Things are good though. Some highlights from the past week:

I'm getting excited for my
vacation in a few weeks. I'm totally drinking fruity frozen drinks when I get there - it's a must! A few days in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and then down to the Keys for some camping and general relaxation.

Things with the
bf are going well. I had a great weekend with him. Once thing though was I realized that I was only really giving him half a chance. I was comparing him to this idealized version of my ex and our relationship and because of that, he had a lot to live up to. Trouble is, that person I was comparing him to isn't real. I mean, the pieces I chose to extract are real, but they don't make up a complete person. And if they did, and if my ex was that guy, we'd still be together. But he's not. And it's not fair to me or to the bf to still have that imaginary third person lingering around.
This past weekend something shifted and I realized that for my own happiness, I wanted to give him, and us, a real chance. He makes me laugh, he makes me think, and I like him. That is enough for me to want to try.

A close friend, S, announced
she and her husband are expecting! I'm so excited for her. My youngest niece just turned 4 so I'm glad to have another baby coming along!

The days are getting
warmer. It is snowing today, but I'm going to ignore it and not look out the windows. Shouldn't be too hard as I'm at work and only the fancy bosses get windows.....

My girlfriends have started a book club and our first read is Jane Austen's
Sense and Sensibility. The idea was inspired by watching the movie The Jane Austen Book Club. A cute, sweet movie - great for a night in with the girls.

1 comment:

  1. your vacation sounds like a lot of fun! And yeah, shame on you for not blogging an entire week :-)

    ReplyDelete