Mar 3, 2011

Thursday Review: Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea



Years ago, my pilates instructor recommended this tea to me and I fell in love with it instantly.  I recently rediscovered it and have been craving it daily.  I tend to stay away from caffeine after lunch during the week so I love that they also offer a caffeine free herbal blend.

Ingredients:  Red Rooibos, Chicory Root, Natural Flavors, Rosehips, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Papaya, Chamomile, Panax Ginseng, Anise Seed, Dandelion Root, Ginger Root, Orange Oil, Orange Peel.

With quite a varied and interesting list of ingredients, this tea could certainly go either way.  Either blend spectacularly or taste like the equivalent of a train wreck in a mug.  Luckily for you and me, it works deliciously!

Aroma:  The tea steeps quickly and even though they advise 3-4 minutes, within a minute you can really smell the tea.  I usually brew it for 2-3 minutes and the flavors are all really present.  The longer you steep, the spicier and sweeter the tea becomes.

Before you even take a sip, the aromas draw you in.  Intensely cinnamon with a hint of mint underneath, I anticipate my first sip every time I brew this! 

Taste: As promised at first sniff, the scent of the cinnamon represents a huge flavor boost to the tea.  The spiciness of the cinnamon blends with a subtle peppermint and anise flavor, with the ginger and papaya peeking through.  The tea is fairly sweet, as the name implies.   You may wonder if there has been a sweetener added, but the tea is as is.  Delicious, sweet and spicy.

Recommendation: Perfect for cinnamon lovers!  Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.


1 comment:

  1. This is the only tea that i drink for the last 3 years. I know it's not good to drink the same tea a long time, but i like it to much.

    ReplyDelete