Jan 21, 2008

Oh, so warm

Furnace fixed
Belly full
A chapter of The Namesake
A very warm giant down comforter

Monday's turning out to be not so bad after all....

Had another appointment with my therapist today. Am proud of myself for going and working through some things. A friend pointed out to me yesterday that I don't have to carry these things around with me forever. And it feels good to really understand that he's right.

Movie recommendation: Juno

Quirky, intelligent, funny and touching

From the Fox Searchlight page:
JUNO stars Ellen Page as the title character, a whip-smart teen confronting an unplanned pregnancy by her classmate Bleeker (Michael Cera). With the help of her hot best friend Leah (Olivia Thirlby), Juno finds her unborn child a “perfect” set of parents: an affluent suburban couple, Mark and Vanessa (Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner), longing to adopt. Luckily, Juno has the total support of her parents (JK Simmons and Allison Janney) as she faces some tough decisions, flirts with adulthood and ultimately figures out where she belongs.


Somehow Juno, only sixteen years old, spoke volumes to my soul, addressing things I struggle with - trusting oneself, honest expression of feelings, self-discovery and the staying power of love. It reminded me that if you ask the questions and are willing to trust, eventually you'll find the answers.

My friend and I both exclaimed, "That was adorable" as the credits started to roll. Beyond adorable though, there was a sensitivity and sophistication to the movie that made it so special.

Check out the soundtrack too.

Today I'm grateful for: today, hand lotion, letting myself go enough to trust someone new

2 comments:

  1. taking things step by step always helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SUCH a great movie! I love it, yes for the humor but also for the heart.

    ReplyDelete